Friday 5 June 2009

learning

It's been a complex few weeks as what I predicted at the AGM has begun to happen. Tiny cracks and fissures begin to open up as project fatigue begins to bite.
It's because, I think people have forgotten how bad things were before we started but are niggled by the fact that it's not perfect yet.
There's an argument that this is the period of the churches history... Caught between the now of Jesus coming and the not yet of his return to finish the job.
I am reminded of what Desmond Tutu said when asked what Nelson Mandela had achieved in his long imprisonment... "he learnt to forgive."
I hope that we are learning that too.

1 comment:

faysbooks said...

I don't think vicars should blog like this in the "present tense". They see people at their most vulnerable and what they see and hear should be respected and above all remain confidential. Where can people go and expect this nowadays. The answer is nowhere !!! Very disappointed and living in Mytholmroyd. I expect more.