Wednesday 24 June 2009

turning pink

My son having finished his exams and begun to turn from white to pinkish as he is exposed to the elements again. Watching him go through exams brings back that sickening feeling I had when I did mine...
The prayer I prayed, "lord don't teach me a lesson this time"
The deals I made... "one more page and then another polo mint."
But above all that sense of guilt that there must be something more I should have done.
I guess that still drives me now.
In the meantime the boy has a new suit, shirt and tie and is about to get his hair cut... Ready to face that other nightmare of my youth... Dances.

I must try and hide my fear on his behalf, after all I met his mum at a school dance. Who knows what could change tonight?
Maybe just another opportunity to turn a bit more pink!

No comments: