Thursday 20 November 2008

Boulders

Somebody once said when I first came to Mytholmroyd:
"We get a lot of weather here vicar."
We certainly do often having all four seasons at once.
Anyhoe I was impressed by Dougie Mansfield's enterprise today.
Dougie is our local bike and shoe shop owner, an interesting combination.
Anyhow he gets my vote for entrepeneur of the week for today he had hung a sledge outside his shop with the sign... "It's forecast snow!" I called in to talk ot him about a bike festival in the village but didn't have the heart to ask if had sold any sledges yet. I suspect most Yorkshire Folk will believe it when they see it.
Which is one of the reason why regeneration here is so difficult.
"We don't want it till we have had had it!"
Still the hole is making progress and the town square is growing...

The builders on the other side of our church informed me today that there was a boulder!
I am not sure what they want me to do about it.
The bible says that if we have faith we can move mountains but it doesn't mention anything about boulders!

No comments: