Sunday 18 January 2009

presence

Went to a christians together service which are always a bit of a challenge: truly, fourteen people waiting for a meeting to end.
There were some references to world problems and a theme of reconciliation which was hard to criticise.
My mind is elsewhere with Phil and Lisa who run the Dusty Miller, or rather did run it. They transformed our community by their enterprise and hospitality. Now they have to finish, I suspect for financial reasons and they have invited me to a party... I will go to it when I finish here.
Nothing in tonight's service will comfort their pain but maybe the presence of people like me will be the comfort they need.
Presence is a present to others.
I wish I was more present in this service but I am already with Phil and Lisa in my mind.

No comments: