Monday 5 January 2009

Twelfth Night

There is a duality in my life and work between brain and emotional work that is sometimes a bit unnerving. Take today: I spent a considerable part of the day composing a sermon for the funeral of Nora Nelson tomorrow. Nora was a lovely lady who I knew very well and so I particularly wanted to encapsulate her as she was, a very special lady. all of this safely going on in my head and on my computer.
Tonight it was more of the emotional stuff, heading to the hospital first to see my oldest son who is having a minor procedure then on to see the man in intensive care again. I was surprised how much both visits got to me, something to do with the incredible vulnerability on display… which touched at my vulnerability, unable to fix things, only able to trust.
Tomorrow will have it’s own ups and downs but today has left me a bit ragged.
In addition to this we have taken the decorations down which always makes me a bit sad. so it feels like we are back to once again the depths of winter. The chill of it seems a bit more intense tonight...

No comments: