Friday 9 January 2009

Scenery

Every once in a while I am reminded that the scenery that surrounds me is not a painting but a living community. Tonight we had a lovely meal at a couple newly joined our church and living in a half completed barn convertion.
Coming back down the hill proved to be even more exciting than the intrepid journey up there as out of the frosty mist emerged first a herd of cows and in particular a large cow in the middle of the track.
I knew enough about cows not to peep the horn, so I flashed the lights.... No reaction
I edged the car closer the cow stood it's ground...
I moved closer still... the cow eyed me closer still.
If it could have put its hands on its hips in defiance it would have.
I edged even closer and began to wonder if it had third party insurance if it sat on my bonnet.
Then... Victory!
Slowly but surely it edged to one side.
Vicar one, cow nil... Result.
The cows were there because someone had put some hay out for them another part of this living scenery.

No comments: