Friday 15 August 2008

Bursting to tell someone

Spent the day trying to sort out my expenses for Yorkshire Forward which took ages but was quite enjoyable as I relived many of the places I had visited in Australia and America. Also made the mistake of checking my e-mails… all 603 of them, so if you are waiting for a reply, it might be a while. I haven’t dared listen to the answer machine yet.
Some of the e-mails were asking if I would talk at things which I am happy to do… in fact at the moment shutting up is a real problem. This morning Steve who does our garden made the mistake of asking me how the trip had gone and was still being talked at twenty minutes later. The problem is that I believe you don’t really learn something till you teach it to someone else and so the teacher in me is desperate to teach someone else.
But I am on sabbatical so I currently have no outlet.
I need to start writing but I am not quite ready till I have told enough people to feel secure in what I have learnt. I do my thinking out loud.

My poor family!
Still I am off to see my mum and dad on Sunday and so I can tell them…
till then so many thoughts, so many ideas and no-one to tell them too…
be warned!

No comments: