Friday 13 June 2008

All Right Now

“All right now “ by Free is one of my life tracks, those kind of songs that you blast out when you are depressed… it also comes in useful when you are walking through Leeds station on your way to yet another meeting at Yorkshire Forward.
Today I am blasting it out again in celebration what has been a bit of a pants week. The weird thing is that there isn’t anything specific that I can put my finger on to say why it’s been a pants week. Certainly not today as I have had a great UCVR board meeting this morning , full of fun and creativity, celebrating all that we are managing, despite our lack of skill to achieve in this valley. Following a BLT from our local shop, described by one of my parishioners as sounding like chips with custard , we had an afternoons training on how to run a company. Far from being boring this was quite encouraging as we discovered that we not in fact illegal but close to doing it properly!
No I think, quite frankly it has been a week of feeling like I had the world on my shoulders, carrying everyone’s expectations, carrying my own awareness of the frailty of my life and that awesome fact that I am merely a cracked vessel in whi9ch God has placed a bit of treasure and a heart that leaps at the possibility of change.
I’m all right now…

No comments: