Tuesday 10 June 2008

is there anybody out there?

One of my favourite Pink Floyd songs is from the Wall: "is there anybody out there?" it's a song I mumble to myself quite regularly though not about God to me he feels all too real and not "out there" at all.
No the question relates to that sense in any big vision work of being a bit on your own... At the pointy end of very long point.
Well this week it's really begun to change with publication of a c of e report on faith and regeneration. This has also coincided with me discovering books and resources on the subject including a Grove booklet on the role of the local church in secular regeneration.
There are it appears lots of people out there.
What's weird is that far from making me happy I am a bit disappointed.
I feel like Captain Scott arriving at the pole and discovering Admundson got there first.
Perhaps I need another pole or perhaps I will find when I get the books that my pole is different to theirs. They have discovered the south pole where I have discovered the north pole.
I think I will go out for a while...

No comments: