Friday 20 June 2008

wait and see

Tonight is a waiting night. My son waits to hear if he is going to be able to go to the next stage of his vocation. Mytholmroyd waits to hear if first the council and then yorkshire forward is ready to transform our car park into a square. Nancy our curate waits for her ordination as priest tomorrow. I wait to hear if I am travelling to Yemen in a weeks time.
There is an ancient celtic christian tradition which sees these times as very important. Waiting for the tide to turn... That there are things to learn in the waiting times, hope, patience, trust, vision. St Paul even writes: Rom 8:19 (RSV)
For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God
No so much a waiting room but room for waiting in my life is what I need and what I savour at this time... Whatever it is, is worth waiting for.

No comments: