Tuesday 2 September 2008

Anothers' Shoes

Tomorrow I begin my Yorkshire Forward adventure as I go as a guest to their "Staff Open Day."
Not sure what I am going to, really but that is not the only reason I am nervous. I have spent a lot of time over the last few years enjoying Yorkshire Forward's support and also being quite critical, sure in the knowledge that I am on the outside looking in. Tomorrow I will be on the inside looking out.
I want to try and put myself in their shoes... to see the world as they see it. I have gone on so much about the need for partnership but unless we can stand in a partner's shoes and begin to understand their viewpoint we are not really partners merely companions.
I must shut up when I am there
I must listen
I must "just be myself"
I must... just go and see what happens!

No comments: