Sunday 28 September 2008

a liturgical cold shower

It's my last Sunday before returning to duty and so I give myself a liturgical cold shower: 8:00a.m. Prayer book communion. Nobody talked to me on the way in, or the way out. There was no sermon, so no talking their either. You're probably expecting me to say, as is the way on the occassions that it was amazing, that I was transported to heaven by the amazing depth of silence...
However for an extrovert like me it was a kind of hell!
I wanted to scream...
I felt homesick which is good because this week I come home.
Was it worship... Yes
Was it what some needed... Yes
Will I be conducting a very similar at my own church next Sunday morning?
Probably!
Because from now on, once again it's not about me but those whom God has called to serve.
Having discovered so much about me on my travels its time for that "me" to step back for a while...
Probably.

No comments: