Sunday 21 September 2008

Comfort Zones

To the Kings Church this morning in Halifax... in a bit of a rush so we arrive ten minutes late at 10.30 a.m. We guessed this would not be a problem as Pentecostals do tend to have a soft start to their services with people arriving up to thirty minutes late. The guess was right and after forty five minutes of choruses, forty five minutes of notices, we started on the sermon which was very good.
It was taken from a verse in Deuteronomy where God said: "You have been too long on this mountain..." Deut 1:16 I think. he talked alot about what keeps us on the mountain and ended up challenging us to come out of our comfort zone.
Being comfortable is a great British disease I guess, the settling for the "all right" which might be at the heart of our lack of entrepeneurship.
These last three months have been very uncomfortable for me but I have grown used to them, now it's time to go back I will have to leave this comfort zone to return.
I keep on saying to anyone who asks that these three months ahve either been a blessing to me or they have ruined me... one thing for certain is that I will never be the same again. Whether that's a good or a bad thing remains to be seen.

No comments: