Friday 19 September 2008

Last Day

Last formal day at Yorkshire Forward and I am trying to follow up leads, unsuccessfully as it turns out.
The structure of the building which is not purpose built, mitigates against the informal interaction on which entrepeneurial activity is built. People are in departments, which are a bit like the old fashioned compartments on a train... They all going in the same direction, probably the same destination but not necessarily meeting in the buffet car.
I have begun to put together some thoughts, the writing is still to really flow but I think it will, at the heart of my efforts is that their needs to be a change of vision.
Renaissance needs to see the faith communities possibly setting up a faith based action teams to do this.
Yorkshire Forward needs to see faith communities buildings as part of the assets of the community and its extensive volunteer network as a considerable human resource.
The church and other faith communities needs to add to it's list of jobs to do... the work of entrepeneur. We need to find contractual ways of partnership which don't compromise our core beliefs.
All of these things are happening somewhere, how can we make it happen everywhere?

I am on the train travelling home and feeling a bit heavy, not least from the lunch I've just had with Rhona, my main contact at YF. She heads a great team and I am grateful to their support, encouragement and inspiration. I hope I now understand their world a little better and appreciate all that they do in Team Yorkshire.

No comments: