Saturday 11 October 2008

Gloomy Papers

Saturday is the only day of the week I get a paper and today it makes for depressing reading. The economy is still in free fall and what scares me is that we don't have the resources to respond correctly to it. I don't mean the economic resources, it's more the community resources. People are just not ued to this situation where the economy doesn't do what we expect.
When I was a child, it was the three day week, the economy swung about and the governments seemed to change with the seasons.
We got used to this seasonal pattern of falling and rising.
Some of the things I want to talk about in my sermon tomorrow seem relevent: we need to work on our unity, we need to work on being joyful, we need to watch what we watch.
Peopleof faith may need to lead...
I hope we are up for it.
I hope we are up to it.

No comments: