Friday 31 October 2008

Passion

Finding a quiet corner at a family party to just be a bit quiet and think... I am still, I guess a bit fired up after my sabbatical, still angry after all these years and that passion has been triggered tonight by two events.
The first is that my Dad is a bit ill, and although I think he'll be all right I can't be sure and he is a long way away. I'll get to see hm tomorrow and will know better then whether to worry. He has done so much in his life and mine I hope he knows that, I caught his passion.
The second thing that has fired me up is talking to a young man who is looking for a vocation... not in the church. He has no passion but wants some! Can you give someone a passion transplant? Probably, perhaps if he can walk with me in my world for a bit he might catch it, just as when I walked with my dad I caught his vision for the church.

No comments: