Friday 3 October 2008

steep learning curve

My car has broken down or rather my other car has broken down and so like superman I have come to Leeds to rescue my daughter in Law. Not really like superman because superman would not have been muttering all the way here because my daughter in law has not got AA membership.
By the time I arrive I am back to normal but more and more aware of how many things there are to remember if you are young. So much wisdom to gain, so much insight to aquire. When I was a chaplain one of our counsellors said that every young person should be able to make mistakes and get away with them a bit, so they might learn and grow. I am really pleased in this case that no major problem has occurred that can't be fixed by an AA man, a fairly sympathetic father in law and a little bit of time.
Steep learning curve life,isn't it?

No comments: