Friday 17 October 2008

Seeds

It's been a very busy day, or was it two days, I'm not sure, but I end it listening to Martyn Joseph and feeling warm inside.
Tomorrrow my youngest child is 16 which I guess officially means that I no longer have children. My minors are all majors.
Thoughts inevitably drift back to the person I was at sixteen...
I had already felt the first call of God to follow him in the priesthood, two years before as it happens. A year earlier I had started to go out with the girl who as a woman would become my wife. I had a growing passion for politics and I think had already felt the challenge when confronted with the annoying Church of England to transform it. My father had already famously said that this was a passing enthusiastic Christian phase I was growing through.
The seeds were planted and ready to grow.
They are still growing and I am still in my enthusiastic phase!
So God bless you my son, you make me very proud and I can't wait to see what the seeds grow into!

No comments: