Thursday 14 February 2008

Regeneration is a four letter word ~ WORK

Spent the morning doing paperwork, the afternoon at Calderdale helping organise a conference and the evening at Mythomroyd PCC. Each event was a necessary brick in the wall that is being built for Regeneration. Annoying news at the PCC where people are still being told that we had a grant to build our hall extension. Everybody is waiting for someone to regenerate their community, nobody is prepared to accept that what is needed takes work.
Spent a wierd half hour trying to buy a bag for my trip tomorrow, discovered there were possibly three million different sorts, mostly black, mostly adequate, the consumer nightmare. When I finally chose one I had to register it online. They asked me: "What attracted you to the bag." I had to admit: "I bought a yellow and black one because it will stand out in a pile if I lose it!"
Reminded me of what someone said about buildings that every community needs at least one wackey building, so that you can give directions to the others. "Oh it's first on the left after the banana shaped building!"

1 comment:

J Mark Allison said...

a bit like "talk to the man with the red hair"!!