Wednesday 9 April 2008

Tales from the crypt

Began the morning with yet another blind date this time with the vicar of Halifax. We had kind of bumped into each other at a funeral and then he had posted a priliminary invite to a conferenc on... Faith and Regeneration which got me sufficiently interested to suggest we meet for a coffee.
Entering the Gothic doorway of the praish church I enter the cold dark church to the sound of creaking hinges, horses neighed and lightening flashed as he moved toward me with his cloak and fangs. He beckoned me slowy towards the crypt and into a small room at the heart of his evil empire...


Actually the door to the church opened semi automatically, the church was light and warm, the vicar was nice and enthusiastic and the coffeee was offered before I had chance to take my coat off. Turns out the new vicar has been involved in regeneration in Manchester and has hit the ground running in Halifax. Between us we should be able to do more than we can do seperately. I look forward to working with him.
It does sound like there is more involvement by faith communities in towns and cities in the strategic bit of regeneration, than in rural areas which is strange given the dominance of the rural landscape of church buildings.
We got on so well we are having a second date,
this time he is going all the way...


to Mytholmroyd!

No comments: