Sunday 16 March 2008

Agents for change

There's an old joke: "How many Anglicans does it take to change a light bulb?"
"Change, change, we like it better in the dark!"
However it is a bit unfair, most Anglicans I know are not only up for a change they are desperate for it. Not surprising really because the whole point of faith is that it brings with the possiblity of change. I mean what would be the point of a faith that says in effect:
"Follow me and you can stay exactly the same.
In fact Follow me and you don't even have to follow me."
Faith is all about change, today in the christian calender kind of proves it as we celebrate the entry of Jesus into Jerusalem. It was the beginning of one of the biggest changes in world history.
Faith is like a crossroads, a fork in the road, a change in the wind, a regeneration.
Which is why I can't understand why all people of faith aren't involved in regeneration.

No comments: