Saturday 22 March 2008

Are we nearly there yet?

We start celebrating Easter in Mytholmroyd a day earlier, we just can't wait to have a party. So here we are on Easter Saturday with a church full of flowers and people and cakes and buns and tea! It reminds me of when I first came to Mytholmroyd and they told me that they didn't do Lent, or Holy week but they did do Easter. It felt today like we just can't wait to get on with it.
That impatience is one of the great drivers in the world, it fuels those who want justice, it fuels those who want to build and grow a new world. Unfortunately it also rocket fuel for those who destroy.
The key is to focus our frustration into doing something good. jesus said: "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled."
I can't wait for Easter, but I will and while I do I'll try and do something useful with my frustration!

No comments: