Saturday 3 May 2008

Motto Sunday

Tomorrow is motto Sunday, not a national or even international festival… come to think of it, it’s not even a local festival it’s one I made up. Every year on this Sunday, since I started, I present a verse from the bible for us to carry through the year.
Tempting though it is I have not chosen “Everybody hates us, we don’t care…” but instead I have been lead to “Pressing on to take hold of that for which Christ took hold of us.” This verse from Philippians is about keeping going.
I think what this message of pressing on is encouraging us to do is to just keep going.
Often we want a new direction, a new project, a new “master plan” but what we need to do is to press on, to keep striving towards the initial project.
So in all our projects this year I will have that phrase “Pressing on…” stuck in my head.
It might help, who knows.

If you want to borrow our motto….
Pressing on...

Get your own!

No comments: