Tuesday 29 July 2008

Deserts

Killing time at Singapore Airport on my way home from Australia by using thier free internet. I am bored and there's no one to talk over on a five hour stopover.
I have just had the most amazing flight over the great Australian Desert, which is... deserted.
It makes you appreciate how big Australia is.
Also it makes you appreciate their key issue which is of course water resources. If there was a way to create water in the desert Australia would be tranformed. However if you look closely at the desert there are shrubs, if you look closer still there are tracks and signs of life even in the desert if you know where to look.
I am really looking forward to getting home, not for the usually rubbish about britishness but rather for the people, and in particular the person, Catherine who will go with me on my next trip on Friday to America.
Travelling on your own is fun but you often long for a companion. It's a naother kind of desert really.
I just changed my shirt etc. and had a shave so there is life in my desert still... oasisville tomorrow. I am a clean boy and it really does give you a lift!
It's going to be a long night... literally
I think about 14 hours... as we are chased by the morning sun.

No comments: