Monday 14 July 2008

Patience tried

To Sowerby tonight to chair a public meeting tonight to chair a public meeting about the Copley valley project. Began by talking about the importance of community engagement as this lead to partnerships and growing confidence and capacity. Talked about Sheik Noah who I met on Soqotra who led his mountain caves to plains to fidhing boats and now a harbour in ten years.
At a tetchy question time somebody said; "problem is it took Noah ten years to get his boats we've been at this for twenty years and we still have nothing to see for it!"
This long term consultation is a real problem, we in the community lose heart in the process their patience as we say is tried.
I wonder if my trip to Australia and America will give any answers.
I guess I will just have to try patience!

No comments: