Tuesday 1 July 2008

Trust Games

Everything's packed and I am as ready as I'll ever be for my tirp to Yemen.
I am to say the least a little anxious.
It feels like that time when somebody persuaded me to go on a roller coaster. I've never liked the things preferring to be in a situation where I do the driving not gravity. Usually when I was a teenager I would get my friends to go on them with my then girlfriend Catherine.
Anyhow I was dragged on to this roller coaster at Morecambe which would be old and probably very slow so I thought.
More like terrifying and without any of the modern safety harnesses, it was needless to say the last time I went on a roller coaster.
You see the thing is that whilst in entrepeneurial terms I do take risks they often carried out with me in the driving seat.
Tomorrow is all about trusting others, planes, companions, weather, a nation, God even! I worry that my trust bubble will burst and I will panic. Sudden my quest and my trip seem a bit frivolous, a bit too high a risk.

Just had a thought, how foolish to think that I am ever really in the driving seat, it's all an adventrue and Yemen is just the latest one.

When I first came to Cragg I used to visit a blind old lady called Hilda Pickles. we became good friends but the first time I met her she said to me:
"do you trust in the lord vicar?"
It was a bit bold for a first encounter but I answered "Yes!"
She said that I would be all right...
She's been right so far, I will keep on trusting.

No comments: