Friday 25 July 2008

Jacob's Creek or Trickle

Today is turnaround day and I am off to the Borossa north of here. This is where Jacob's Creek wine comes from and there is a chance i may see the creek! Apparently it's usually a trickle. I had a migraine yesterday and it's left me a bit sparkly so I think I'll avoid tasting for a day or two.
Talking of tasting last night I went to the cinema and it was interesting to see Australians at drink. The pub I passed was full of recognisably anglosaxon forms of drinking. It's a big issue here as at home. It's particularly bad amongst the Aborigines whose addiction to grog and now soft drugs is a major national issue.
Last night I filled the car with petrol... $50 about twenty five pounds as their petrol is cheaper, mind they pay more in road tax apparently.

No comments: